Tuesday 2 June 2009

A Short Lived Quickie Chronicle

From left to right: The Cupcake, The Life of the Party and The Plaything of Passion

Just a quick post on what I thought to the Too Faced Quickie Chronicles. I bought these on Ebay for only £9 (see post below) and I was really disappointed. I tried them out last week and my first instincts were the eye shadows were ‘nothing special’, they are mainly matte, some have silver reflects and they are not very pigmented. I know there is nothing wrong with building up colour but when I did add layers to my lids they looked the same as when I started. The blushes are nice colours with a matte finish (a few silver reflects) but again not very pigmented, although they did seem buildable. The lip glosses were the worst - they were incredibly sheer, the deepest one (centre palette) didn't look very deep on the lips. I wanted more pigmentation out of them but my lips just looked like I wasn’t wearing anything with the lighter shades I've tried.

I haven't tried everything from the three books and I doubt I will.

No comments: