Wednesday 22 April 2009

My recent pick-me-ups!

I thought I would do a post on the items I have brought over the last month and what I thought to them. Bobbi Brown Platinum Pink Shimmer brick - I really like this, it look fab on the cheek bones and cheeks either over or under your blusher, worn alone it a very soft subtle pink. I am really pleased because it really enhances your cheeks and am debating to go out and buy another shimmer brick from the permanent range because I am so pleased with it. Any recommendations?

Mac's Peppermint Patti Nail Lacquer- I was really disappointed with this, it took three coats to get a half decent finish, that in my book does not make a good nail varnish. I only brought this because I couldn't find the Barry M 304 and it felt like I had looked in every Superdrug and Boots across the West Midlands. I still look when I go into either of these, just in case...

Mac's Perfect Topping MSF - This is a lovely, it makes the top of my cheek bones look great! I am really pleased with this, it is not too glittery and working really well as a highlight. This and the Bobbi Brown shimmer brick has given me a bit of a fetish for highlighters!

Mac's 109 brush -I use this to buff in my mineral foundation (another one of my new loves) and love it! This is a great brush and by the sounds of it, a multifunctional one!

Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Foundation - I brought a little pot of this because I was loving wearing mineral foundation. It was like I was just browsing one minute, being colour matched the next and then coming away with this lovely little pot. I had actually gone there the previous Saturday and they were giving away samples as a one off offer and because my skin didn't react and break out when I tried out the sample, I think I knew this would happen on some unconscious level...

Mac lipstick in Bubbles - I brought Bubbles because it can be used to tone down my deeper colours (it's a white glaze) and also I found myself thinking that maybe lipsticks like Barry M's 101 and 100 would work on me with this as a base. I looked at it as a really 'useful' product to own.

Mac lipstick in Angel - I had wanted Angel for a while, when I first thought about buying Angel, I brought Snob instead and I wished I had brought Angel because Snob is OK but Angel is nicer on me. I think that Angel is very similar to Mac's Creme Cup, Creme Cup is from the cremesheen range but Angel is a frost.

Mac lipstick in Lollipop Loving - What can I say about Lollipop Loving? It's gorgeous and it looks gorgeous on, even my hubby agreed with that!

Gosh Velvet Touch Eyeliner pencil in Silver Screen - These are great, they last all day and they have some great shades. I love this, I am wearing it today with a neutral eyeshadow and mascara and it looks fab.

Batiste Dry Shampoo - I wish someone had told me about this years ago. I have really greasy hair and I was washing my hair everyday but now I use this in between days. This really helps because now I can use this rather than feeling greasy all day and my hair feels fine, it doesn't feel greasy like I would have expected. This is probably one of the best inventions ever!

Rimmel Lipstick in Foxy - I brought this because dollyisglitter mentioned this in one of her videos (when she was still making videos) and made a comparison with a lipstick by Yves Saint Laurent so I thought I'll go buy the cheap version instead. It is a lovely colour, a pink nude and I love pink nudes. I'm wearing this at the moment.

Cath Kidston bag, a compact mirror and L'occitane Hand Cream - I thought I would include these because I picked them up when I went away over the Easter break and thought I would share them with you guys. I haven't used any of these yet.

I also have Mac's Love Rock on my desk because I ordered it online and it came today. I brought Grand Duo when they came out, I had two others in mind that I wanted - this one and Moon River. They are really well pigmented and I find I only need a tiny bit and because I was pleased with Grand Duo I decided to order my second favourite. I think I have a thing about blushers at the moment too. Is there anything I don't have a thing about?

No comments: